Thursday, July 16, 2009

Let's get Started

Well, hello for starters! This is a new endeavor for me and we will see what God does with it. You can read some information about me in my profile and I am sure over time more will come out about me through my posts. I will, however, give you a little background on me as it relates to the title of my blog. I was raised in a Christian church and was baptized when I was 9 yrs old. I have read the Bible, and studied it growing up, but it never really became the guiding factor in my life until about 2 yrs ago.


I went to church every Sunday, and I played the part of Christian, but that was the extent of my Christianity. The rest of the week was mine, and for along time I was able to keep those two areas of my life separated. However there came a point in my life where I really started asking the questions that we all ask. What am I doing? Is this all there is to my life?


There was no peace in anything! I was successful, I had plenty of stuff, but nothing ever gave me any peace. No matter how hard I worked I was miserable. Finally after several months of battling with this, and feeling God calling me back home, I got down on my knees while I was on a business trip and asked God to forgive me and use me however He saw fit.


The release of all of the built up stuff in my life was overwhelming. The peace that I started to experience over the next few days and weeks was refreshing and it continues to grow. As I have continued to study and pray and seek out God's will for my life, He has been faithful and has continued to provide me with a peace and understanding of His will for my life. God is good!!! All the time! I am so thankful for His grace and mercy and I look forward to growing in my relationship with Him daily!


In Christ,


Greg


Phil 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment